Friday, February 11, 2011

The Complete Guide To Downloading #4 - Relationships


These playlists are little, but good.
In 2005, people from Q, Mojo and Kerrang! allied to publish The Complete Guide To Downloading, a 150-pages magazine filled with playlists about... everything. It was a fantastic guide for the downloading era. I think it's definitely worth in the age of streaming, too. 

Since we're getting close to Valentine's day, time to think about our relationships. :o)
 Enjoy!


Stay in touch with the new playlists!
Follow Spotirama on Twitter and Facebook
 


THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO DOWNLOADING #4
"RELATIONSHIPS"



IT'S ALL OVER NOW
Baby gone and left you? Seek solace in this break-up mix.
(11 tracks out of 12, 91,66%, 45 minutes)


The White Stripes - I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself
Pulp - Something Changed
Lloyd Cole & The Commotions - No Blue Skies
Mojave 3 - Where Is The Love
Spiritualized - Broken Heart
Kelis - Caught Out There
Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Now
Scissor Sisters - Better Luck
Nirvana - Where Did You Sleep Last Night? (MTV Unplugged)
Interpol - Slow Hands
Led Zeppelin - Since I've Been Loving You
Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart

Listen to it on Spotify: HTTP, URI (SR0589)


TUNES TO GET JIGGY TO
(24 tracks out of 24, BINGO!, about 1 hour)


Shaggy – Boombastic
Goldfrapp – Strict Machine
Khia – My Neck, My Back
Usher – Yeah!
Beck – Mixed Bizness
Justin Timberlake – SeƱorita
Pulp – Babies
Missy Elliott – Get Ur Freak On
Def Leppard – Pour Some Sugar On Me
Suede – Animal Nitrate
Guns N' Roses – Paradise City
50 Cent – In Da Club
2Pac – California Love
Jefferson Airplane – Somebody To Love
Blondie – Hanging On The Telephone
N.E.R.D. feat. Lee Harvey & Vita – Lapdance
Patti Smith Group – Because The Night
Marvin Gaye – Sexual Healing
Studio B – I See Girls (Crazy)
Prince & The Revolution – Kiss
Will Smith – Gettin' Jiggy Wit It
Jane Birkin & Serge Gainsbourg – Je T'Aime Moi Non Plus
Color Me Badd – I Wanna Sex You Up
Queen – Don't Stop Me Now

Listen to it on Spotify: HTTP, URI. (SR0590)


HOW TO LURE BACK A LOVER
Songs that say: "But I can change..."
(10 tracks out of 10, BINGO!, 35 minutes)


Jackson 5 – I Want You Back
The Kinks – Days
John Lennon – Jealous Guy
The Rolling Stones – Miss You
The Police – Can't Stand Losing You
The Magic Numbers – Forever Lost
The Bravery – An Honest Mistake
The Streets – Such A Twat
Willie Nelson – Always On My Mind
The Smiths – Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want

Listen to it on Spotify: HTTP, URI. (SR0591)



"MUM, THERE'S SOMETHING I'VE BEEN MEANING TO TELL YOU..."
Emerge from the closet with melodrama, glitterballs and sparkly pop.
(12 tracks out of 12, BINGO!, 55 minutes)


Queen – I Want To Break Free
Right Said Fred – I'm Too Sexy
Liza Minnelli (feat. Pet Shop Boys) – Losing My Mind
The Smiths – Handsome Devil (Live at Manchester Hacienda 4/2/83)
Carl Bean – I Was Born This Way
Diana Ross – I'm Coming Out
Bronski Beat – Smalltown Boy
Soft Cell – Say Hello, Wave Goodbye
Scissor Sisters – Take Your Mama
David Bowie – Rebel Rebel
Placebo – Nancy Boy
Abba – Lay All Your Love On Me

Listen to it on Spotify: HTTP, URI (SR0592)


SEX SYMBOLS ANTHEMS
Songs that go bump and grind in the night.
(10 tracks out of 10, BINGO!, 42 minutes)


Marvin Gaye – Let's Get It On
Roxy Music – In Every Dream Home A Heartache
Grace Jones – Pull Up To The Bumper
Rick James – Super Freak
Soft Cell – Sex Dwarf
The Smiths – Handsome Devil (Live at Manchester Hacienda 4/2/83)
Prince – Darling Nikki
TLC – Red Light Special
Kelis – Milkshake
Goldfrapp – Twist

Listen to it on Spotify: HTTP, URI. (SR0593)


ODES FOR THE RESENTFUL EX-LOVER
(20 tracks out of 21, 95,23%, about 1 hour)


Elastica – Line Up
Suede – Animal Nitrate
Foo Fighters – Monkey Wrench
Public Enemy – She Watch Channel Zero?!
The Hives – A.K.A. I-D-I-O-T
Nirvana – Territorial Pissings
Blur – Charmless Man
Carly Simon – You're So Vain
Oasis – Married With Children
The Clash – Should I Stay Or Should I Go
Kaiser Chiefs – Everyday I Love You Less and Less
The Pretenders – Thin Line Between Love And Hate
Bob Dylan - Idiot Wind
Alanis Morissette – You Oughta Know
Big Brother & The Holding Company – Ball And Chain (Live at The Woodstock 1969)
Glen Campbell – By The Time I Get To Phoenix
The Divine Comedy – Becoming More Like Alfie
PJ Harvey – Sheela-Na-Gig
Marvin Gaye – Wherever I Lay My Hat (That's My Home)
The Rolling Stones – You Can't Always Get What You Want
Some Girls – Don't Hate Me Just 'Cause I Hate You

Listen to it on Spotify: HTTP, URI. (SR0594)


PREVIOUSLY ON "THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO DOWNLOADING SERIES":
Times of Day
If You Like...
Locations
Relationships

No comments:

Post a Comment