Thursday, January 23, 2014

Young Morrissey Jukebox

Jukebox image by Gillian Gilby


As you may guess, in his recent Autobiography Morrissey spends a lot of time talking about music. If the second part of the book is strictly focused on his own creations (with or without The Smiths), first one often deals with his personal listening formation through the Sixties and the Seventies. Sometimes, he just remembers what he used to hear; sometimes, what he loved; sometimes, what he despised. I made a booktrack of the whole - the good and the evil - collecting all the songs mentioned in the book that I found on Spotify. From Roy Orbison to Four Tops, from la française Françoise Hardy all'italiana (yeah!) Rita Pavone, from David Bowie to T .Rex, from New York Dolls to Ramones, till the last spin before the rise of The Smiths. Welcome to the last of the famous Spotirama international playlists.

Enjoy.

Previously on Spotirama Booktracks:


YOUNG MORRISSEY JUKEBOX
(songs from Morrissey's Autobiography)



Stay in touch with the new playlists!
Follow Spotirama on Twitter and Facebook
 


Full List

(miserably I lost the file where I noted down all the tracks, including those I didn't found on Spotify: so the full list below is not literally a "full list", but just the playlist tracklist; sorry)

Millie Small – My Boy Lollipop
Roy Orbison – It's Over
Manfred Mann – Pretty Flamingo
Nelson Riddle – The Untouchables (Theme)
New Vaudeville Band – Peek A Boo
Four Tops – Bernadette
Paul Jones – I've Been a Bad Bad Boy
Françoise Hardy – All Over The World (english version of "Dans Le Monde Entier")
The Righteous Brothers – You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
Jimmy Jones – Good Timin'
Tony Orlando – Bless You
Marianne Faithfull – Come and Stay with Me
Love Affair – Rainbow Valley
The Foundations – Back On My Feet Again
Small Faces – Lazy Sunday
Sandie Shaw – You've Not Changed
Lulu – I'm a Tiger
Rita Pavone – Heart
Diana Ross & The Supremes – Reflections
Diana Ross & The Supremes – I'm Livin' In Shame
Timi Yuro – Hurt
Tommy Körberg – Judy min vän
Matt Monro – We're Gonna Change The World
Shirley Bassey – Let Me Sing and I'm Happy
Barry Ryan – Eloise
Paper Dolls – Something Here In My Heart
David Bowie – Starman
Buffy Sainte-Marie – Soldier Blue
Buffy Sainte-Marie – Moratorium
The Pioneers – Let Your Yeah Be Yeah
Dave Collins & Ansel Collins – Double Barrel
Bob Andy feat. Marcia Griffiths – Young Gifted and Black
Springwater – I Will Return
Hurricane Smith – Don't Let It Die
Jo Jo Gunne – Run Run Run
The Elgins – Heaven Must Have Sent You
T. Rex – Jeepster
T. Rex – Telegram Sam
T. Rex – Metal Guru
Mr Bloe – Groovin' With Mr Bloe
Roxy Music – Virginia Plain
New York Dolls – Jet Boy
Alice Cooper – Billion Dollar Babies
New York Dolls – Trash
New York Dolls – Vietnamese Baby
Jobriath – I'm A Man
Mott The Hoople – All the Young Dudes
Faron Young – Four In The Morning
Melanie – I Really Loved Harold
Melanie – Some Say (I Got Devil)
Melanie – Johnny Boy
Melanie – Tuning My Guitar
Melanie Safka – I Don't Eat Animals
Melanie – Close To It All
Patti Smith – Gloria: In Excelsis Deo
Ramones – Blitzkrieg Bop
Iggy & The Stooges – Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell
Sex Pistols – Anarchy In The UK
Sparks – This Town Ain't Big Enough For The Both Of Us
New York Dolls – Frankenstein
New York Dolls – Personality Crisis
Nico – These Days
Robert Wyatt – Shipbuilding

No comments:

Post a Comment