Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Music from Mad Men (TV Series)



Just four years after common people, I finally started watching Mad Men. And I couldn't resist spotifyin' it. The series is set in the 60s, so it is most of the soundtrack. Songs lists are from three different sources: AMC and Mad Men Songs for seasons 1-3. This Top Idol post for season 4. I made a single playlist for each season and a big mammoth with all of them. Enjoy!




Stay in touch with the new playlists!
Follow Spotirama on Twitter and Facebook
 


THE PLAYLISTS


SEASON 1
(27 tracks out of 28, 96,42%)

From the Promos:
Amy Winehouse - You Know I'm No Good
Title Sequence (all episodes):
RJD2 - Beautiful Mine (Instrumental Version)
Episode 1:
Don Cherry - Band of Gold
Robert Maxwell - Shangri-La
Gordon Jenkins - Caravan
Vic Damone & Percy Faith - The Street Where You Live
Episode 2:
The Andrews Sisters - I Can Dream Can't I
The Cardigans - The Great Divide
Episode 3:
Bobby Vinton: PS I Love You
Episode 4:
Bob Newhart - Driving Instructor (Comedy Bit)
Ella Fitzgerald - Manhattan
Episode 5:
Miles Davis - Blue in Green
Aquatones - You
Percy Faith - Non Dimenticar
Episode 6:
Original Cast Recording - Babylon (Written by Don Mclean)
Episode 7:
Bud Powell - There Will Never Be Another You
Luiz Bonfa - Night and Day
Rosemary Clooney - Botch-A-Me (Ba-Ba-Baciami Piccina)
Episode 8:
Miles Davis - Concierto De Aranjuez (Adagio)
Rinky Dink - Choo Choo Cha Cha
Chubby Checker - The Twist
Episode 9:
Bobby Helms - My Special Angel
Episode 10:
The McGuire Sisters - Volare
Episode 11:
Astrud Gilberto - Agua de Beber
Julie London - Fly Me to the Moon
Episode 12:
Yma Sumac - Gopher Mambo
Frankie Laine - Metro Polka
Episode 13:
Bob Dylan - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

Listen to it on Spotify: HTTP, URI. (SR0547)




SEASON 2
(19 tracks out of 24, 79,16%)

Episode 1:
Chubby Checker - Let's Twist Again
Rimsky-Korsakov - Song of India (haven't found the version actually played in the episode)
Episode 2:
Ed Henry - Crooked Woman
Baby Washington & The Plants - Congratulations Honey
George McGregor & The Bronzettes - Temptation Is Hard to Fight
Kyo Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
Episode 3:
Jack Jones - Lollipops & Roses
Episode 4:
Perry Como - The Blue Room
Simon Preston - J. S. Bach's Cantata "Wachet Auf..." (don't know if this is the version actually played in the episode)
Episode 5:
Percy Faith and his Orchestra - Theme From A Summer's Place
Episode 6:
The Decemberists - The Infanta
David Carbonara - The Carousel
Episode 7:
The Pentagons - I'm in Love
Brenda Lee - Break it to Me Gently
Episode 8:
Peter, Paul & Mary - "Early in the Morning"
Episode 9:
Helene Smith - Pot Can't Talk About the Kettle
Marilyn Monroe - I'm Through with Love
Episode 10:
The Gigalo's - Swingin' Saints
The Tornados - Telstar
Episode 11:
Martin Denny - Misirlou
Johnny Mathis - What'll I Do?
Episode 12:
The Sevilles - Treat You Right
George Jones - Cup of Loneliness
Episode 13:
Acker Bilk - Stranger On the Shore

Listen to it on Spotify: HTTP, URI. (SR0548)




SEASON 3
(13 tracks out of 16, 81,25%)

Episode 1:
Ann-Margaret - Bye Bye Birdie
The Pentagons - To Be Loved
Episode 3:
Ben Webster - Memories of You
Episode 5:
Alberto Iglesias - Me Voy A Morir De Tanto Amor
Episode 6:
Jody Reynolds - Come On Twist
Bob Dylan - Song to Woody
Episode 7:
The Ramblers - Darling Say You Love Me
Pete Mann - I Followed My Heart
Tennessee Ernie Ford - Sixteen Tons
Episode 8:
Bobby Van and Kay Coulter - There's A Small Hotel
Episode 9:
Clyde Stacy and the Nitecaps - So Young
Nnenna Freelon - Prelude To A Kiss
Episode 10:
The Singing Nun - Dominique
Episode 11:
Oliver! - Where Is Love? (don't know if this is the actual version)
Episode 12:
Skeeter Davis - The End of the World
Episode 13:
Roy Orbison - Shahdaroba

Listen to it on Spotify: HTTP, URI. (SR0549)




SEASON 4
(15 tracks out of 16, 93,75%)

Episode 1:
Nashville Teens - Tobacco Road
Episode 2:
Teresa Brewer - I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
Episode 3:
Jan & Dean - Sidewalk Surfin'
Patti Page - Old Cape Cod
Episode 4:
Love - Signed D.C.
Episode 5:
Doris Day - I Enjoyed Being a Girl
Episode 6:
Skeeter Davis - Ladder of Success
Episode 7:
Simon & Garfunkel - Bleecker Street
Episode 8:
The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
Harry McClintock - Big Rock Candy Mountain
Episode 9:
Petula Clark - Downtown
Petula Clark - I Know a Place
Episode 10:
Santo & Johnny - Do You Want To Know a Secret?
Episode 11:
Jim Reeves - Welcome To My World
Episode 12:
Etta James - Trust In Me
Episode 13:
Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe

Listen to it on Spotify: HTTP, URI. (SR0550)


Mammoth (all seasons in one playlist)
(74 tracks out of 84, 88,09%): HTTP, URI. (SR0551)

Previously on the TV side of Spotirama:

The Music of Life on Mars
The Music of Lost
The Music of The OC (season 1)
The Music of The OC (season 2)

5 comments:

  1. I've recently been working on a compilation of music on 1-4 seasons of Mad Men and your post has been really useful so I'd like to thank you for your work!
    If you wanna see what I did, I've published it here: http://soundtrackzone.blogspot.com/2011/03/mad-men-more-music-from-series-va-2011.html
    Don't doubt to comment with me your impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any idea who does the guitar based instrumental music used in the season 5 promo? I can't seem to find it or a reference to it anywhere. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best place where you can search for Mad Men music. music video downloader so you can install music quickly and easily. I recommend using this site. https://mp3tomato.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just broke up with my girlfriend, I was really sad, but at that time I often listened to a romantic song instead of a lively song, simply because I like it

    ReplyDelete