Friday, October 7, 2011

Music Is My Hot Hot iPod (a playlist with songs used in iPod commercials)



Exactly 69 months ago, in january 2006, I came for my first time to America. It was a four-day business trip to New York. Maybe I did something wrong during the flight from Paris to JFK. Probably it was not a good idea to eat that foie gras with Bordeaux over the Icelandic volcano. Likely the evil French people poisoned the poor, young and innocent Italian boy I was. I don't know. What I know is that about one hour after the plane landed, when I already was on the train to Manhattan, I started feeling something wrong on my stomach. I got at the Penn Station. I said a staring hello to the Empire State Building. I ran to my hotel. I entered my room. And I threw up.


It was a nightmare on Broadway street. My stomach and bowels danced a samba for all my stay in New York. Fortunately, business was not so hard. Unfortunately, I had to re-schedule my conquest of America, and my tourist plans, too. But there is one thing I didn't re-schedule. At that time, for my guilty MP3 pleasures, I used a Creative Muvo, a good pal for sonic voyages, but before leaving to America I decided that my first time in the US would have also brought a technological upgrade: my first iPod. So, the last day in New York, I walked like a zombie to Soho. I made my proud and tottering entrance into that white garden of eden called Apple Store. And I bought it: a black lovely one. Then I took the subway to Central Park, I sat on a bench close to Strawberry Fields (yep, I do love symbolism), and I opened the box. iPod, therefore - at last - I was. 


I don't think this is a honourable and respectable story. I guess you can share far more better anecdotes about your life with Apple gadgets. But that freezing, sick and terribly fulfilling afternoon in Manhattan was the first thought I had yesterday, after I read the news. So my little Spotirama tribute to Steve Jobs has to be strongly iPod oriented. And here it is. Not a new playlist, but the updated version of something I posted last year: a playlist based on all the music used in iPod commercials. I think it doesn't lack a historical value: Apple changed the way of using music in commercials, too. But this time, take it just as a personal gratitude.  i-Enjoy!


Stay in touch with the new playlists!
Follow Spotirama on Twitter and Facebook
 


THE IPOD PLAYLIST
(Music used in iPod commercials)
Source:
Wikipedia.
Songs available on Spotify: 36 out of 39 (92,30%)

Propellerheads – Take California
N.E.R.D. – Rock Star
Black Eyed Peas – Hey Mama
Daft Punk – Technologic
U2 – Original Of The Species
Jet – Are You Gonna Be My Girl
The Vines – Ride
Feature Cast - Channel Surfing
Steriogram – Walkie Talkie Man
Ozomatli – Saturday Night
U2 – Vertigo
Caesars – Jerk It Out
Gorillaz – Feel Good Inc.
The Resource (feat. Jimmy Napes) - Gimme That
Eminem – Lose Yourself
Wynton Marsalis - Sparks
Wolfmother – Love Train
Rinôçérôse – Cubicle
Bob Dylan – Someday Baby (probably, actually, not available)
Cut Chemist – The Audience Is Listening Theme Song
Prototypes – Who's Gonna Sing
The Fratellis – Flathead
Quantic – Mi Swing Es Tropical
Paul McCartney – Dance Tonight
Feist – 1234
the bird and the bee – La La La
CSS – Music Is My Hot, Hot Sex
Mary J. Blige – Work That
Brendan Benson – What I'm Looking For
The Ting Tings – Shut Up And Let Me Go
Coldplay – Viva La Vida
Chairlift – Bruises
The Asteroids Galaxy Tour – Around The Bend
Franz Ferdinand – No You Girls
Miss Li – Bourgeois Shangri-La
Tommy Sparks – She's Got Me Dancing
Cake – Comfort Eagle
Cake – Short Skirt/Long Jacket
Chappo – Come Home

Listen to it on Spotify: HTTP, URI (SR0089)


No comments:

Post a Comment